The Echo Manual
The Echo Manual
Editors: Jae K. Oh; James B. Seward; A. J Tajik, MD
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Hardcover, 410 pages
List Price: $214.99
Ships in 5-10 business days. Delivery date dependent on stock levels. Please call +1(612) 925-2053 for expected delivery date.
Bring state-of-the-art imaging to your expert evaluation of cardiovascular function. Leading Mayo Clinic physicians share their most successful approaches and offer expert insights to help you avoid diagnostic pitfalls. More than 500 images highlight the echocardiographic appearance of ischemic, myocardial, pericardial, and valvular disease.
Expertly use contrast agents to enhance the Doppler signals of mitral regurgitation, pulmonary vein flow, and tricuspid regurgitation. Gain current insights on the uses and limitations of two-and three-dimensional echocardiography, strain-rate imaging, tissue Doppler, and vascular imaging.
Be up to date on current diagnostic criteria for infective endocarditis, diseases of the aorta, valvular heart disease, pulmonary vein stenosis, and more. Thoroughly updated for its Third Edition, this best-selling manual is a practical guide to the performance, interpretation, and clinical applications of echocardiography. The Echo Manual is written by recognized authorities at the Mayo Clinic and provides a concise, user-friendly summary of techniques, diagnostic criteria, and quantitative methods for both echocardiography and Doppler echocardiography. Discussion of each clinical problem also includes transesophageal echocardiography.
This edition covers the latest techniques, standards, and applications and includes new contrast agents. All references have been updated. More than 900 images - well annotated and true to gray scale and color - give readers an immediate grasp of salient points.
Table of Contents:
- Abbreviations Commonly Used in Text, Tables, and Figures
- How to Obtain a Good Echocardiography Examination: Ultrasound Physics, Technique, and Medical Knowledge
- Transthoracic Echocardiography: M-mode, Two-Dimensional, and Three-Dimensional
- Transesophageal and Intracardiac Echocardiography Jae K. Oh, Donald J. Hagler, Allison Cabalka, Guy S. Reeder, Frank Cetta, Jr., and James B. Seward
- Doppler Echocardiography and Color Flow Imaging: Comprehensive Noninvasive Hemodynamic Assessment
- Tissue Doppler Imaging, Strain Imaging, and Dyssynchrony Assessment Brian D. Powell, Raul E. Espinosa, Cheuk-Man Yu, and Jae K. Oh
- Contrast Echocardiography
- Assessment of Systolic Function and Quantification of Cardiac Chambers
- Assessment of Diastolic Function and Diastolic Heart Failure
- Pulmonary Hypertension and Pulmonary Vein Stenosis
- Coronary Artery Disease and Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Stress Echocardiography
- Valvular Heart Diseases
- Prosthetic Valve Evaluation
- Infective Endocarditis
- Cardiac Diseases Due to Systemic Illness, Genetics, Medications, or Infection
- Pericardial Diseases
- Tumors and Masses
- Diseases of the Aorta
- Echocardiography in Congenital Heart Diseases: An Overview Frank Cetta, Jr., James B. Seward, and Patrick W. O'Leary
- Intraoperative Echocardiography Roger L. Click and Jae K. Oh
- Vascular Imaging and Tonometry A. Rauoof Malik and Iftikhar J. Kullo
- Goal-Directed and Comprehensive Examination